I think that the world would be a better place if more people recycled and made their own things. When I saw this article about how to make jewelry from recycled paper craft, I thought it was an amazing idea. There are so many places, such as stores and online shops, that even offer you supplies for making your jewelry from recycled paper crafts.
One of the main reasons to use recycled materials is because it is sustainable and can help protect the earth’s resources. Because of this, I want to try making my own jewelry by recycling old magazines or construction papers so that I can help save this beautiful planet called ours. You should give it a try too!
What materials can I use to make jewelry from recycled paper crafts?
There are a few different ways that you can craft your own jewelry from recycled paper crafts. If you use magazine pages, you will need to cut large strips from the magazine pages in order to make bracelets or anklets. You could also purchase small wooden beads or beads made of paper and glue them onto a head pin that has been bent into a circle shape. These would be great for necklaces as well.
You can also use a piece of cardboard or a wood frame to create your own necklaces. You could even make necklaces out of other items, such as paper bags or leaves if you are looking for something unique and different.
To make a bracelet, you will need to use a head pin and scissors to cut strips that you can then glue together. You will then thread the material through a head pin, bend it into a circle shape and wrap it with twine or wire in order to make it secure so that the beads won’t fall off.
Add some flair to your jewelry by adding a birthstone. See Birthstones and their Meanings
For an anklet, you will need two head pins and two rounds of ribbon or string on each one. You will then thread the string through the head pins, bend them into a circle shape, and wrap them with twine or wire.
For a necklace, you will need four head pins and one piece of ribbon or material that is long enough to loop through the head pins. You will then thread the ends of the head pin through it, bend it into a circle shape, and wrap it with twine or wire.
How do I make DIY jewelry from recycled paper crafts?
- Make beads out of magazine pages: You can use small strips of magazines to make beads that you can then glue onto a long piece of ribbon or material. You will then thread the material through a headpin and bend it into a circle shape to make the base of your bead.
- Make necklaces out of construction paper: You will be able to reuse the leftover material from construction paper that you purchase from the store. Depending on the size of your neck, you can either fold it in half and glue it at one end, or make a circle using your hands to make a hinged form. To attach the ends together, use binder clips or twine. If you would like more details on how to make these necklaces, visit my site for instructions.
- Make DIY jewelry from recycled paper crafts out of leaves: You can use a small leaf off of a large tree and attach it to a headpin by wrapping the end of the pin with either twine or wire. To finish, bend the head pin into a circle shape.
What are the skillset requirements for making your own jewelry with recyclable paper
- You will need to be able to craft with paper and various other materials.
- You should also be skilled in at least one of the following: wire-wrapping, knot tying, or sewing techniques.
- This is a great project for those who enjoy creating different items out of recyclable materials.
- Basic crafting supplies will be needed, including scissors, glue, and a notebook to write down the instructions while you are on the Internet looking up crafting ideas.
- You should have a working knowledge of how to use a computer and access to an Internet connection in order to find all of the information that you will need to complete this project successfully.
Some Design Inspirations to Get You Started
Below are some of our favorite DIY paper jewelry designs to help give you inspiration and get you started on the right path.
This paper necklace is a perfect accent for an earth-toned outfit.
This flower broach made from recycled paper crafts is called the Paper Rose. It could be a great focal point piece to use in your next outfit accessory or gift when you want to give your friends and family a little extra something.
Read next, other great DIY tips. DIY Headbands for Every Occasion
DIY Jewelry made from recycled paper crafts,has become a new way to recycle unwanted materials. These projects are not that hard to make and will help you save the environment. Have some crafts to share, show us in the comments below.